Running an education organization that provides STEM curricula to millions of students in schools across the country is no small potatoes. But for Laurie Kreindler (coFounder and Managing Partner of IT’S ABOUT TIME®, @LaurieEDU), her evolution from a fledging filmmaker to innovative entrepreneur was a seamless one that has allowed her to play up her strengths while honing in on her natural storytelling skills and business acumen.
Kreindler makes being an entrepreneur and managing partner of the leading STEM curriculum companies in the country (which she coFounded and manages with Tom Laster) look easy. But in her recent interview with Katie Krimistos (host of weekly podcast Biz Women Rock), she offers a compelling and nuanced look at the evolution of her lifelong entrepreneurial path from telling stories through film, to telling stories through problem-based, STEM curricula:
“My job has always been to…try to identify either a message or a story that I thought needed to be told and I thought would resonate and then figure out a way to get the story completed, disseminated or shown or put in a place where it could have impact.” — Laurie Kreindler
So, how did she do it? Check out her interview with Katie Krimistos below and find out!
Then check out a few of Laurie’s writings on education:
- Raising Entrepreneurs: 3 Crucial Learning Techniques to Develop Tomorrow’s Innovators
- Data, Data Everywhere But Not a Drop to Drink
- 2015: The Year of the Teacher
- What is STEM? Edupreneur Laurie Kreindler Gives Us the Gist of It
- From Columbus to Cairo – STEM Education is here to stay!
- Parents, Please do not be Fooled
Follow and chat with us in social media:
Latest posts by IAT Staff (see all)
- My Favorite Thing… My Textbook (surprise!!) (by Teri Owens) - January 29, 2016
- 9 Awesome Project-Based Physics Challenges That Engage Students! - December 8, 2015
- Courageous Math Teachers - September 25, 2015